Etymologyfixen. Voiced v- is from Southern dialect
- Rhymes: -ɪksən
- A female fox.
- A malicious,
- 1859:, George
Eliot. Adam Bede: page 54. Köln: Könemann Verlagsgesellschaft
- . . . and if Solomon was as wise as he is reputed to be, I feel sure that when he compared a contentious woman to a contiunal dropping on a very rainy day, he had not a vixen in his eye–a fury with long nails, acrid and selfish.
- 1859:, George Eliot. Adam Bede: page 54. Köln: Könemann Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, 1999:
- A racy or salacious woman.
Vixen can refer to:
- Vixen 357, a Japanese Sega Mega Drive strategy game
- A shrewish, ill-tempered or spiteful woman; a virago
- An attractive woman who often takes advantage of men
- Vixen (band), an all-female rock and roll band from the 1980s
- Another rock and roll band formed in 1982 featuring Marty Friedman (guitarist).
- Name for female performers in Extreme Championship Wrestling (WWE)
- Vixen (computer game), a computer game released in 1987 for various home computer formats
- Vixen (telescopes), an astronomy equipment manufacturer
- Vixen (comics), a superhero in DC Comics
- Vixen (RV), a recreational vehicle manufacturer
- The Osborne Vixen, a personal computer made by the Osborne Computer Corporation
- The Minnesota Vixen, an American women's football team
- Vixen!, a 1968 movie by Russ Meyer.
- Vixen (movie), a 2007 Sci-fi/Action feature film.
- Vixen the Reindeer, one of Santa Claus' reindeer
- de Havilland Sea Vixen fighter aircraft
vixen in German: Vixen
vixen in French: Vixen
vixen in Italian: Vixen (disambigua)
vixen in Japanese: ヴィクセン
vixen in Portuguese: Vixen (desambiguação)
vixen in Swedish: Vixen
Jezebel, Mafioso, Partlet, Xanthippe, Young Turk, amazon, battle-ax, beast, beldam, berserk, berserker, biddy, bitch, bitch-kitty, bomber, bossy, brood mare, brute, cat, common scold, cow, demon, devil, doe, dragon, ewe, ewe lamb, fiend, filly, fire-eater, firebrand, fishwife, fury, goon, gorilla, grimalkin, guinea hen, gunsel, gyp, hag, hardnose, harpy, heifer, hell-raiser, hellcat, hellhag, hellhound, hellion, hen, hind, holy terror, hood, hoodlum, hothead, hotspur, incendiary, jenny, killer, lioness, mad dog, madcap, mare, monster, mugger, nanny, nanny goat, ogress, peahen, rapist, revolutionary, roe, savage, scold, she-bear, she-devil, she-goat, she-lion, she-wolf, shrew, siren, slut, sow, spitfire, termagant, terror, terrorist, tiger, tigress, tough, tough guy, ugly customer, violent, virago, wild beast, wildcat, witch, wolf